The ORGANISASYON NG PILIPINONG MANGAAWIT (OPM) is the leading and most respected organization of Filipino professional singers in the country. It is a non-stock, non-profit corporation duly registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission. It was established in October 27, 1986.
The OPM is governed by a Board of Directors (BOD) consisting of 7 members duly constituted through an election. The BOD elects among themselves the officers: a president, and vice-president, secretary and treasurer. All the rest are members of the Board. The BOD is assisted by a secretariat office headed by an Executive Director.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
|Vice-President for External Affairs||:||NOEL CABANGON|
|Vice-President for Internal Affairs||:||GARY VALENCIANO|
|Vice-President for Special Projects||:||CHRISTIAN BAUTISTA|
|Chairman of the Board||:||MITCH VALDES|
|Treasurer||:||JOSE MARI CHAN|
|Corporate Secretary||:||DINGDONG AVANZADO|
|Executive Director||:||MA. DINAH REMOLACIO|
|Admin Office||:||Janet Reboredo|
|Finance Officer||:||Barbie Quintella|
MISSION & VISION
The Philippine music industry is abounding with world-class professional singers whose worth are upheld and rights are protected under Philippine and international laws.
OPM’s mission is to carry on the task of working for the Filipino Singers’ advancement through:
- Advocating policies for the growth of music industry
- Ensuring that policies are correctly implemented
- Ensuring that members are adequately supported through legal assistance and professional enhancement
- Continuing promotion for the Filipinos’ patronage of local singers and original Pilipino musical compositionsy
- Continuing promotion for the recognition of the Filipino singer and song in the international arena
- Cause the Philippine Government to issue policies under a framework that would nourish the growth of the music industry as a whole,
- Cause all sectors to adhere to policies and support the growth of the music industry;
- Supports the members improve their craft and defend their rights.
- Establish R&D center for the development of Philippine music and information center for public consumption.